Application Related Questions

How can I apply to your university?

Admission requirements:

  • A completed application form
  • Notarized translation of High School Graduation Certificate from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in candidate's home country
  • Notarized translation of the transcript certificate from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in the candidate's home country.
  • Original copy of the test result report approved by the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in the candidate's home country. Example: SAT DI: 7226
  • High School Graduation Equivalency Certificate, which shows that the certificate is equivalent to high school diplomas issued in Turkey, from Turkey Embassy or Consulate in the candidate's home county.
  • A copy of the personal details page of the passport approved by the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in the candidate's home country.
  • A student visa obtained from the Turkish Embassy.
  • Candidates applying to the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry are required to prove their English proficiency. For example, TOEFL DI: 3619
  • Turkish Proficiency Certificate from IMU Turkish Proficiency Exam or TOMER.
  • Permanent residence card to submit to IMU student affairs within one month after enrolment.
  • Four passport photographs.
  • A bank receipt showing the payment of tuition (the whole or a part of)
  • A document proving that the applicant was financially sponsored during education.
  • Student information form (to be completed at the time of registration).

Can I send university registration documents by post or fax?

We do not accept documents by post or fax. All documents should be delivered in person. If the candidates cannot deliver the documents by themselves, they can be delivered by a proxy.

Which exams and diplomas are accepted? What are the required scores?

We do not accept documents by post or fax. All documents should be delivered in person. If the candidates cannot deliver the documents by themselves, they can be delivered by a proxy.

The exams, diplomas and required scores accepted in the application are:

  • Candidates who got 60 out of 100 in the Entrance Examination for Foreign Students, held by Measuring, Selection and Placement Centre in Turkey.  
  • Candidates who have a high school diploma with a grade of 60 out of 100.
  • Candidates who have received at least 4 points on ABITUR.
  • Candidates who have a total score of at least 1000 from SAT1 exam, which is valid for 2 years)
  • Candidates from Iran who have a high school diploma (Diploma Debirestan) with a grade of 15 out of 20, and who have Pişdaneşgahi grade 15 out of 20.
  • Candidates who hold a French Baccalaureate diploma with at least 12 diploma grades.
  • Candidates from Syria who attended to Al Shahada Al Thanawiyya Exam need to have 180 out of 240 in the science section for the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and, Pharmacy; for the other faculties, they need to have 170 out of 240.
  • Candidates who got at least 70 in the science section of the Tawjihi exams which are held in Jordan and Palestine.
  • Candidates who have three A levels (one of them must be related to department candidate wants to study) on the GCE exams.
  • Candidates who have at least 22 for the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and, Pharmacy; at least 20 for other faculties on the ACT (American College Test).
  • Candidates who have 15 diploma grades in the Scientific Stream of the Baccalaureat Libanais which is held in Lebanon.
  • Candidates who have an International Baccalaureate diploma with a grade at least 30.
  • Candidates who received gold, silver and bronze medals in the International Science Olympics, participated by TÜBİAK.
  • Candidates with a score of at least 480 out of 750 in the program type applied in the Gaokao exam which is held in the People's Republic of China.
  • Candidates who got at least 90 out of 120 in the National University Test in Kazakhstan.
  • Candidates from Libya who attended Al Shahada Al Thanawiya Exam need to get 180 out of 240 the Scientific Stream for the Faculty of Engineering.
  • Candidates who got at least 60 from the Ujian Nasional Exam, which is held by the Indonesian Ministry of Education across the country. 

When and how can I find out my application result?

A letter of acceptance is sent to you within 3 working days after you completed your application.

What is the annual tuition?

Our annual tuitions change every year, you can check our website for detailed information, or you can reach us through the information below:

[email protected]
+90 531 882 13 31

How can I pay the tuition?

You can pay the tuition in full or in installments. The student receives a discount on in advance payment. You can pay the tuition in 4 installments.

What are the scholarship opportunities at your university?

We have scholarship opportunities for up to 50%. You can obtain detailed information during the registration period.

What are the scholarship opportunities you provide to top-level students?

Each year, our university provides Success Scholarships to undergraduate students who are placed in the top ranks and meet the designated requirements. The students who earn the Success Scholarship are selected according to the weighted grade point average (GPA) and other conditions in the completed academic year and the relevant scholarship is valid only for the following year.

What are your university's associate degree and undergraduate programs, student quotas and tuition?

Students were accepted to 99 programs of Vocational School of Health Services, Vocational School of Social Sciences and Vocational School of Justice in the 2018 - 2019 Academic Year.

You can find the 2019-2020 Academic Year program, quota and tuition information below.

What are the graduate programs, student quotas and application conditions of your university?

Students were accepted to 71 programs of faculties and vocational school, in the 2018 - 2019 Academic Year.

You can find the 2019-2020 Academic Year program, quota and tuition information below.


Vocational School

What are the graduate programs, student quotas and application conditions of your university?

There are 61 master programs and 28 doctorate programs in the Institute of Health Sciences, the Institute of Social Sciences and the Institute of Science. There are 1,385 students in the graduate programs and 528 students in the doctorate programs.

You can find the 2019-2020 academic year graduate programs below.

For the institutes

What is the language of instruction at your university?

The language of instruction is Turkish and English. In the 2019-2020 academic year, the language of instruction of 3 undergraduate programs is 30% English and 30 programs are 100% English.

How do I apply for the residence permit?

You can fill the application form online, and then you need to deliver your papers in person. For more information, visit

How can I apply for the student travel card?

You can apply for the travel card in the IETT (Transport for Istanbul) Istanbul kart Application Centre with your student certificate. For more information click the link below:

How can I apply for the equivalence certificate?

The equivalence certificate is the certificate issued by the Ministry of National Education or Education Attaches abroad. You can apply in person by going to the Istanbul Provincial Directorate of National Education.

Who can help me with visa procedures?

Visa procedures are the responsibility of the candidates. It is very important to complete the documents requested by the consulate/embassy of the destination country during the visa application process.

Exchange Programs Related Questions

What are your student exchange opportunities and programs?

Erasmus, Farabi, and Mevlana exchange programs are implemented in our university.

I am a student/university staff. How can I apply to the Erasmus mobility program?

Participation of students/staff in Erasmus + mobility activities is provided by higher education institutions where they are students/staff. Higher education institutions schedule their own election process and select the students and staff to be sent. Students/staff make their applications to the institutions where they are students/staff at the time which is announced by the higher education institutions.

Is it possible for me to attend the student/staff mobility program independently from the higher education institution I enrolled in?

No. You can only attend through the higher education institution you enrolled in.

Can I choose the country or higher education institution I want to go to?

You can only go to the countries/ institutions we have an agreement with. However, the student/staff can lead the higher education institutions they enrolled to make an agreement with the institutions abroad.

How to make an agreement between the institutions?

Inter-institutional agreements are signed between the faculties/departments of higher education institutions by the authorized persons of those institutions in a way to allow mobility of a certain number of students/staff for a certain period. Although students do not have the opportunity to make inter-institutional agreements, it is possible for them to help the university officials to find institutions to make an agreement. However, agreements cannot be exclusive to a student, even though the student created the basis of the agreement. Each agreement is in the name of the institution and for all the students.

Can I go to the internship place I found with the student internship program?

Students can do internships at places recommended by their institutions, also they can find their internship places themselves and apply to those places via the International Office of their institutions. Students who apply to internship institutions recommended by their higher education institution or those who found their internship places will be selected according to the criteria of the academic year they applied.

Who can apply to the staff mobility program?

The academic and administrative staff of higher education institutions who wish to improve themselves and exchange experiences with European colleagues can apply to mobility programs.

Is possible for me to extend my mobility program from one semester to two semesters? Would I be given a grant in that case?

The extension of the mobility program will be possible in case of the approval of the student's request by the higher education institute. If there is enough funding to support the student for one more semester, the student can extend the mobility program with a grant. If there isn't enough funding to support the student, the student can extend the mobility program without a grant, provided that all the program rules are applied. On the other hand, an extension of the mobility program will only be valid if the students continue their education in the same higher education institution as the first semester. If the student/staff wants to attend a mobility program for the second time in a different country, a new application and selection process is required.

Can I do my internship at two different institutions? Would I be given a grant in this case?

Erasmus mobility program should be completed only in one institution from the beginning to the end. Students/staff should finish their mobility program in the institution they have started. For example, when the student/staff should do their internship for at least 2 months in the same intuition. Otherwise, their internship may not be in the terms of Erasmus mobility program and they may not be given any grant.

Can graduate students attend to Erasmus mobility program?

No, you need to be a student. On the other hand, a change made in the new semester allows students who graduated recently to attend an internship mobility program. This allows students who have applied to the internship program while they are students to attend internship mobility within one year after their graduation for up to 12 months. If the students want to attend the internship activity after graduation, they should apply to the higher education institution while they are still students. Applications after graduation are not accepted.

How long can I benefit from the mobility program as a student?

Students have the opportunity to benefit from Erasmus mobility activities with or without a grant for a total of 12 months for each level of education.

Student Information System (MEBIS) Related Questions

What information can I get on MEBIS?

You can choose courses, examine the courses you have taken, access the information about the exams, check your grades, request documents such as student certificate, transcript and course contents, make payment, review the past payments and download the receipts, check your course program, participate in surveys at the end of the semester.

What should I do if I have forgotten my MEBIS password?

Click "I forgot my password" section on the MEBIS home page and reset your password. In order to do reset your password, your e-mail address and mobile number must be registered to the MEBIS. If there is a lack of this information, you need to visit the Student Affairs Office.

What should I do if my student id card is lost or stolen?

You can request a new student ID the card by clicking the Document Request section in the MEBIS system.

What can I do if I need to change or correct my personal information?

You need to visit the Student Affairs Office.

Where can I find out if my student ID card is ready or not?

If the status of the student id card is ready on the Document Request section, you can take your card from the Information Technologies Department on your campus.

How can I use my student id card as a debit card? (Param Card)

Param Card is an electronic money account which belongs to TURK Elektronik Para Inc. Param Card which you can make a deposit and is valid in regular and online shopping.

You can apply via the link below to open an account.

You can create a password on the application and with the same password, you can make transactions. Once your account is active, you can use the card as a debit card. With your debit card, you can withdraw money from the cash machines of all the banks 24/7. You can make a deposit to your Param card by EFT, transfer, cash machines or online banking. You can check your Param card account transactions on the mobile application.

Features of Param Card

It is a member of the TROY card scheme which is only available in Turkey.

Param cards offer you advantages when you use it in the member merchant contracted with Param card.

You can follow up with the advantageous campaigns up to date and get information about their details.

You should check the website as the number of member merchants contracted with Param is constantly increasing.

Student Accommodation

What are your accommodation opportunities?

Unfortunately, there is no dormitory in the Unkapanı Campus. However, in the district of Fatih, where the Unkapanı Campus is located, there are a lot of dormitories since there are universities located in the area. Due to its location, it is easy to reach downtown. During the student orientation period, students and parents are informed about nearby private and state dormitories and guesthouses.

There are dormitories for 1850 girls, and for 570 boys on our Kavacık Campuses. The girls' dormitory has rooms for 3 and 4 people, while the boys' dormitory has single and 3-person rooms.

For more information, please contact:
Dormitory for Girls: + 90 216 681 19 88
Dormitory for Boys: +90 216 681 53 13
[email protected]

GIRLS' DORMITORY: Göztepe Mh. Atatürk Cd. No: 40, 34815 Beykoz, Istanbul
BOY'S DORMITORY: Kavacık Mh. Ekinciler Cd. No: 19 34810 Beykoz, Istanbul 

How can I apply?

After you have registered at the university, you can register for the dormitory. You need to bring some papers when you or your proxy come here to register.

What are the application documents?

  • A copy of your residence permit card or passport.
  • A medical report which shows there are no obstacles or infectious diseases for you to stay in the dormitories.
  • Criminal record and archive record, which was taken in the last 6 months.
  • Two passport photos, which were taken in the last 6 months.
  • Application form with your photograph.

You need the fill the form in the link down below.

Students under the age of 18 must apply with their parent or guardian.

Registrations with missing documents cannot be accepted. Students cannot pay dormitory fees without registering.

Students cannot make use of dorms without paying the fee.

You can reach the papers mentioned above in this link:

How and when should I apply?

Dormitory applications and registration dates are published on the dorm website. (

Can I choose my roommate? Can I change my room?

Roommate selection cannot be made during the registration process. If the student specifies who he/she wants to stay with on the registration, he/she can be assisted as much as possible.

The student can make a request to change the room where he/she is placed in the dormitory only once during the term, with a valid excuse.

The request is evaluated by the management within the possibilities; however, we cannot promise you a change.

How much is the dormitory fees? What are the installation opportunities? How can we pay for the dorms?

Dormitory fees are determined in May for the next academic year. After the fees are determined they are published on the website. (

Dormitory fees are determined annually. From September to the end of June (10 months), Services and Fees are fixed until the end of the current academic year.

Instalment is only available for the credit cards of the Turkish Banks.

You can pay the fee in 10 instalments. If you do not have a credit card, you can pay in cash.

Payment is made by transfer to our bank accounts or dormitory accounting.

There is a 5% discount for prepayments.

Are dining and other services included in the dorm fee? What is included in the fee?

Only accommodation service is included in the dormitory fee. (Does not include the meal and laundry.)

Accommodation service includes room cleaning, toilet paper, liquid soap, Wi-Fi, and infirmary.

You need to pay for the meals, laundry, and gym.

In the 2019-2020 academic year;
Per meal is (you can choose 4 dishes) 17,50 TL.

Per laundry (washing and drying) is 5 TL.

3 times in a week, 12 times in a month membership is 70 TL for the gym.

Is there any quota in the dormitory? What are your alternative recommendations in the case of lack of place?

Although there is a shortage of quota in our dormitories, International Students are assisted with the reservation a place and to register if there is no disciplinary penalty from the previous years.

Library Related Questions

How many libraries are there in the university? Until when the library is open?

There are libraries in the Kavacık North Campus, the South Campus, Haliç Campus, and Medipol Mega Hospital. For more information about the library, please visit their website.

Transportation Related Questions

Do you have any shuttle services? What is the bus/ shuttle hours and locations? Where can I get information?

Our bus service is available for all our campuses and hospitals. You can get information about bus service routes and times from our website.

Can we get information about shuttle fees?

The transportation between the North Campus and the South Campus is 1 TL. Transportation to campus from other locations is 5 TL per day.

How can we get to the university at other times?

Outside of bus service hours, you can use public transportation with ease.

Sport Activities And Student Clubs Related Questions

Student Clubs

How many student clubs are there in the university? Can I see the list of student clubs? Which activities are in the clubs?

As of 2019-2020 academic year, we have 108 active student clubs within our university. The list of our student clubs can be reached from the student club responsible in the Health, Culture, and Sports Department. Our clubs are active in various fields including personal development, professional development, social responsibility, idea-thinking, and sports.

What are the student club procedures? When can we establish a club? What is required for preparation? What are the application dates and documents? Where do I need to apply?

Before the application, the clubs must determine the advisor's academic staff and the control board of 15 people. You need to fill the forms, which can be taken from the Health, Culture and Sports Department, and deliver it to the same department at the specified date. Afterward, the clubs that have obtained the approval of the department and the rector, become active.

Can I be a member or a manager of more than one club at the same time?

You may be a member of more than one club, but you cannot be a manager in multiple clubs.

What are the most important events of student clubs? What activities are held?

Clubs conduct various activities according to their field of activity. Since the groups addressed by each field also differ, their importance varies according to the field of activity of the clubs. Summits, congresses and conferences, interviews, exhibitions, and sightseeing tours are some of the most common types of events.

What is the procedure when we want to leave the student club and want to leave the administration?

If the student is a part of the control board, the list of the control board with the new member must be submitted to the Health, Culture and Sports Department for the update. If you are a manager of a club and you want to leave, you need to write a petition with the new manager and deliver it to the Health, Culture, and Sports department.

Sports Activities

Which sport branches are available in Medipol university? Which sportive activities are carried out in the university?

Basketball (Women and Men) Team 
Volleyball (Women and Men) Team
Football (Men) Team
Indoor Football (Men) Team
Table Tennis (Women and Men) Team
Kickboxing (Women and Men) Team
Tennis (Women and Men) Team
Athletics (Women and Men) Team
Handball (Men) Team
Archery (Women and Men) Team
Chess (Women and Men) Team

What are the procedures for participation for sports teams? What are the documents required for application, when is the application date? Where can I apply?

You can apply when the new school year starts. For teams, you must first register for auditions. Registrations are made through the booths which are located the halls of the university at some specified times. After registering, our team coaches evaluate the students in the 2-week process with auditions and recruit them to the team. After getting into the team, the information about the necessary documents is transmitted to the team athletes.

What are the school team funding procedures?

Health, Culture, and Sports department's sports unit decide on this subject. During the decision process, requests from students are evaluated and submitted to the rectorate for approval.

What are the procedures when we want to leave the school team?

Students who want to leave the team can leave at any time, but when they leave, an athlete does not benefit from the discount and cannot be taken back to the team unless they have a necessary excuse.

Do you have a sports course at your university? How can we participate?

The Continuing Education Centre directs sports courses. The university has only school teams.

Is your sports hall available?

No, unfortunately, we do not have a sports hall. There are only 2 outdoor (Basketball-Volleyball) fields on the North Campus and 1 outdoor facility (Astro pitch, 2 basketball-volleyball, and 3 single pots) on the South Campus.

Can we use sports equipment whenever we want?

Sports equipment can only be used by the students in the teams during the training and competitions.

Is your sports scholarship available for international students as well?

Of course, international students can benefit from the scholarship in the regulations of the university, but they must take part in school teams.

Only if you receive a degree (1st, 2nd or 3rd) in individual branches, there is merit pay.

You can find more information about this subject on the bursary/scholarship section.

Dining Service-Related Questions

Is there a cafeteria service at the university?

The catering services of Istanbul Medipol University in Kavacık, Haliç and Bağcılar Campus are provided by a private catering company. The Kavacık Campus (North and South), where the boys' and girls' dormitories are located, offers 3 meals service including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Self-service and à la carte options are available.

Outside the Refectory Are there café-style areas where students can dine?

There are numerous cafes, canteens and buffets in the Kavacık, Haliç and Bağcılar campuses. Our canteens and buffets offer different tastes from Turkish and international cuisine, beverages, and breakfast. On the other hand, Polin Cafés located at the Kavacık and Bağcılar Campus are the places where students spend pleasant times with the cafes' stylish and modern architecture and delicious presentations. Polin Cafés offer hot and cold drinks, breakfast and food menus and cakes. Also, there are plenty of international and local fast-food chains at the Kavacık South Campus.

Questions About Career Office

Are there any job opportunities at the university? What should I do if I want to work part-time?

Students working within the university are supported. Part-time students are employed in the units, in accordance with the needs of each unit. Requests are made directly to the relevant units.

What are the internship opportunities of the university? How do you support the interns?

Internship opportunities vary in the departments of our university. If your department has a compulsory internship, you can discuss the details when you send your CV to the Career Office.

What are the opportunities offered by the university as a Career Officer?

Career Office is the unit that tries to bring the business world and the students closer to each other in terms of work, internship and career. In this context, studies are carried out.

Some of the projects are;

  • Career Fair
  • Vocational Courses Program
  • Interview Simulation
  • CV Consulting
  • Career Chat / Career Event
  • Individual Development Trainings
  • Case Study
  • Workshop
  • Mentoring
  • Graduate Relations
  • Career Ambassadors
  • Work, Internship and Interview Workshops

You can check the dates and times of these events through the Career Office's Instagram account.

How can I get in touch with the Career Office?

Career Office is on the B2 floor of Block A of the South campus.

Email address: [email protected]

Extension number of the director of the Career Office: 2364 (Emre Urfalı)

What is the Career Fair?

The Career Fair is an event where students and companies in the business world can communicate.

What is Vocational Courses Program?

Vocational Courses Program is a program where students can transform their theory into practice, where the students and the experts from the sector can meet and talk about the business world.

What are Individual Development Trainings?

Individual Development Training project is carried out in order to contribute to the personal development of the students, to raise their own awareness and to create training with the demands of the students.

What are the CV and Interview counselling?

CV Consultancy is the consultancy given to the students to create their CVs in the best way and to improve their existing CVs.

Interview Counselling is a consultancy for students to gain interview experience during their internship and preparation for business life. 

Please send an e-mail to [email protected] to get counselling.

Do you provide career counselling?

Career counselling is provided by a psychologist in our office. In Career Counselling, a personality test is applied to students.

How can we be informed about Career Office activities?

You can be informed about our Career Office activities by visiting our website, social media accounts, and our office.